Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Power of Social Media Unfolds


It's been almost a month since I posted my first blog entry and entered the social media world.  The comments and responses to my blog have been outstanding. Receiving feedback from professionals in the field of public relations and also from my peers has encouraged me to continue blogging. Plus, it's a great way to express myself and avoid studying, which many can relate. 

However, I did not realize the power of such a medium until I received an e-mail from an account executive from VisualCv, which was the company mentioned on my last post. Check it out! She viewed my blog and contact immediately eager to discuss my senior thesis and wanting to offer her assistance on this process. 

This is where the land of opportunity lies. Katrina, the account executive, would like to view the final product i.e., my thesis to serve the niche markets and find out what professionals are wanting in resumes and portfolios to effect the company's bottom line. This could turn into something great. 

I've established a relationship with an account executive and someone who I can learn from. It's what public relations is all about learning from one another and evaluating. She sees my drive and determination as a student. This is what I like to call an mutually beneficial relationship, which could lead to job opportunities and expanding my network. 

I'm still in awe about the situation and I would like to say thank you to all of those who view my blog and to continue reading. 

Each day something happens, but when reality hits, am I ready? 

Until next time. 

GPaul 

No comments: