Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Top 5 Job Seach Web sites for 2009

With 2009 well underway, the search for a job in PR begins. Critics say the job market will continue to decline until the economic crisis is over; however, this might not be the case. Through my research, there are many companies opening businesses, firms, manufactures and power plants, which create jobs.

I've been proactively job searching for at least two weeks because I graduate in May and would like to have a job when I graduate. After two weeks of job searching, I've developed a list of the top 5 job searching Web sites for 2009.

1. CareerBuilder
2. LinkedIn
3. PRSA
4. Monster
5. Indeed

What all of these Web sites have in common is it's ability for job seekers to search for jobs based on location, salary, company, industry and qualifications, which is key for recent graduates. Searching for PR jobs can be discouraging because a lot of the positions want applicants to have 3-5 years experience in the field, not including internships.

However, the job search Web sites I mentioned above let's job seekers search for entry level positions, which to my surprise there's a lot.

Hopefully, with a new year will come more jobs and the economy will slowly recover.

Until next time.

Best,

GPaul

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Germaine,

Nice job with your blog. I have advised a lot of job seekers to develop a footprint on the web to help them get found. Writing about your job search is a great approach, particularly for a PR career.

Gary

Gary W. Capone
Palladian International
www.palladiancr.com

GPaul said...

Gary,

Thank you for reading my blog. I couldn't agree with you more. I've developed multiple footprints on the Web from Linkedin to VisualCV. I looked at your Web site and I really like what your company is doing. I would love to work for a company like yours.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see indeed included in your list. As a side, nothing beats good old fashioned face to face networking. I hope you had the opportunity to meet up with some of your local PRSA, IABC, etc. folks while you were on break?

See you next week!

GPaul said...

Bill,

Face-to-face communication is key. I've met with some PRSA folks here in the Dallas area and I'm going to go to the Southwest Conference the PRSA chapters of Dallas and Fort Worth are hosting in Feb. See you here in a couple of days.